Friday, November 19, 2010

harem girls and another free issue of po-magazine


today i got an email from Mwa that the magazine she won just had arrived and that she cant wait to read it cover to cover...which reminded me that just the other day the new issue of P.O-magazine has hit the news agent as well as of course me...

this time its all about exotic countries...and..harem girls...i wanted to write for quite a while about the subject of modern day harems and while i still was collecting ideas and historic bits and pieces i stumbled over Jillian Lauren who isnt just a funny and smart woman but also a bloody good writer and while i read her book i decided more and more to leave my own story behind and review her book and talk to Jillian instead..

which i did last month...in the middle of a booktour as well as finishing her next novel she took the time to talk to me about her life and expiriences...and believe me she didnt hesistate to answer all my questions:-)

and again i ll give away a free magazine..or two..or three..depending on how many i ll have...all you have to do to win is to coment right here...and tell me in a few words how you imagine life as a harem girl....or a harem boy...dont be shy..:-)

i ll run this little contest until next friday..so you have quite some time to put your name into my fedora

10 comments:

Jo said...

You haven't even told me about your own experiences. You're such a tease!!

Ms. Moon said...

I'm so boring. I think I'd be the one always trying to trim the palms and cook the food.

Danielle said...

is that good or bad @ jo,,,,,:-)

Danielle said...

ms moon..i totally join a harem when you are the harem chef:-)

Craig Sorensen said...

I can't say I'm much of a harem sort, but I too was intrigued by what experiences you have to that end!

Danielle said...

@ craig

you arent just much of a harem person because you have found yourself a wonderful wife:-)

and to my own expiriences...thats so unspectacular...seit in greece...borrring...jillians expiriences are a thousand times more interesting

Petit fleur said...

You know, there was a time when I would have thought it degrading to be part of a harem.. but as I've aged I see the practicality and potential blissfulness of it.

The man would definitely have to be someone I genuinely liked and respected, that is, if it were up to me. *Do women actually choose to be part of a harem or are they sort of socially bound to it if they are chosen?

Anyway, I think it would be incredible to have so many women around to do girl things with and talk girl talk to and share child care responsibilities, etc... and to be able to share the sexual aspect also. Because I'll tell you one thing, having a child has killed my libido. Dead. I'm just exhausted all the time and sex seems like a chore. I understand now why men have affairs and quite frankly, it seems normal. But if one were part of a harem, it would not be an issue! yay for harems!

Something tells me there would be way more politics of the not so good kind involved though.. queen bees, divas, biotches of all sorts. But in my imaginary harem there is cooperation, peace and harmony.
xo

Emerald said...

How cool! Rachel (Kramer Bussel) recommended that book to me, and I've had it for a while and started reading it but haven't finished it yet. (It's in my pile of what seems like 7,328 books in the "to read" or "currently reading" pile....) Very cool that you got to interview her!

Mwa said...

If I was a harem boy, I'd hide between the curtains and watch the goings-on.

Janine Ashbless said...

Danielle, I love the pictures! Where can I find big versions?